2-Day Advanced Adventure Motorcycle Training with DC Dirt Camp
Nov. 11, 12-13, 2022 DC Dirt Camp Advanced Adventure Bike Training Featuring GS Trophy team member Ben Phaup!
Come join our capstone Adventure Bike course of the 2022 season at Penmerryl Farm. Co-ed training is being held Nov. 12-13, 2022 at Penmerryl Farm near Staunton, VA, the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. This year we are featuring local hero and BMW GS Trophy USA team member Ben Phaup!
You can expect to be both challenged and supported as you tackle a variety of terrain that you won’t find on your typical Sunday ride.
Topics/skills to be covered include:
- Climbing hills with loose rock or slippery mud
- Safely ascending/descending unpaved switchbacks
- Handling ruts and ledges with confidence
- Effectively navigating off-camber terrain
- Brake turns/power slides- learn to work with braking, not fear it
- Backcountry rescue techniques including towing, how to upright a bike using a Z-Drag pulley system, and more!
Given the emphasis placed on giving individual attention to each rider, class size is limited to 16 students.
Expect to be on the bike learning for 6-7 hours per day, but it's not just about the seat time. Adventure bike riding is also about bonding with fellow riders, sharing lessons and stories over hot meals and while cooking s’mores over a campfire. Your adventure bike weekend will take place at the beautiful Penmerryl Farm, a working horse farm that is also a bed & breakfast on 140+ acres perfectly suited to adventure bikes of all kinds. Wide yet challenging private trails, plus scenic dirt/gravel roads in the surrounding area are all part of this value-packed event!
(if attending full weekend training, stand-alone class $195)
Friday, Nov.11, 2022 is a one-day Women’s-only Intermediate Class. It will run 9:30am-2:30pm and guests are welcome to arrive at the farm Thursday night to enjoy breakfast at the Farm on Friday and be ready to ride no later than 9:30am. Lunch and evening happy hour included Friday. Come get your confidence up in a small women's-only training on day one, then stay for the main event Saturday and Sunday!
Sat-Sun Nov. 12-13, 2022 is co-ed Advanced training. Students should have taken Intro to Adv at DC Dirt Camp or other "big bike" training previously and/or have a fair amount of fire road/gravel road riding under his/her belt prior to coming to this event. See website for a detailed schedule of events
- Training on your own adventure/dual-sport bike (80/20 or better tires suggested)
- Stocked goodie bag with swag from ADVMoto Magazine, Mosko Moto, Backcountry Discovery Routes, Green Chile Adventure Gear and more!
- Longsleeve Custom DC Dirt Camp jersey
- Friday evening happy hour, Saturday lunch & dinner, Sunday lunch
- Saturday presentation by GS Trophy team member Ben Phaup
- Sunday video/photo analysis of your Saturday riding
- Raffle ticket (odds are really good!)
- Fireside s'mores!
Remaining spots are filling up quickly. Registration closes next week 11/7/22. Click here to register
BMW GS Trophy USA team member Ben Phaup!