At our first event (BMW RA Rally) I learned about CAMP - The Motocamping Club from a customer and encouraged us working together as Michele was doing great things for the community. Michele and I (Ben) finally connected last year and I'm impressed with the amount of time and effort he has put into this group AND how all his ambitions and plans sounded exactly like what I wanted to do and build in the community along with our store.
Not just organizing motocamping events, but also working with industry partners for discounts, trainings, seminars, and even a Moto GP fantasy league. Maybe we can get a Flat Track fantasy league as well?
I'm excited to say that Moto Camp Nerd will be working together with CAMP in effort to build an active community in western NC.
Please read the below email from founder Michele as he introduces the new CAMP Blue Ridge Branch. Check out the site and membership benefits. We will have a very exclusive membership benefit with CAMP coming soon.
We are launching CAMP Blue Ridge, in the Appalachian Mountains and CAMP OC, in California!
I am very excited to announce that we are launching the first two official non Chicago based branches of CAMP - The Motocamping Club:
- CAMP Blue Ridge will be based in Asheville, NC, and will be run by Sarah and Alex, two ex Chicagoans CAMP members who recently moved to North Carolina; join us for our launch meeting on March 6 at the Burial Beer Co.! (Info and signup here)
- CAMP OC will be based in California’s Orange County and will be run by Brian, another CAMP member who has been living in California for over 5 years now; join us for our launch meeting on March 19 at Every Day Eatery Cafe. (Info and sign up here).
Both local CAMP branches will help pursue the same mission that CAMP was founded for back in 2019 in Chicago: foster and promote the community of motocamping lovers, by offering motocamping weekends and organizing meetings and events in their respective communities.
When I founded CAMP back in the day, my sole objective was to offer activities and events that motocamping lovers would be interested in. I was blown away by the response, and I was delighted to meet so many people whom I can now call friends. Sarah and Alex, who will lead our Blue Ridge branch in Asheville, are the perfect example of that. I know they will be doing a fantastic job in helping the motocamping community grow in the Blue Ridge area! And so will Brian in California.
What does this all mean for existing (and new) CAMP members? Nothing but good news:
- You now have more motocamping S’mores and activities to choose from: the local branches will be offering additional activities that any CAMP member can attend, regardless of their location. You can already book three CAMP Blue Ridge S’mores, for which Sarah and Alex will be your hosts, for instance:
- CAMP members living in the Asheville, NC and in the OC areas will have a chance to meet up for monthly meetings and other events that the local hosts will organize, exactly like we have been doing in Chicago. Chicago area region members will continue to enjoy the same levels of activities. And we will all meet for our Smoky S'more in October (should this be our national Rally??)
- If you want, you can be added to a local mailing list for California and the Appalachian area, that will be managed by the local hosts, to receive information about local events and such - just let me know replying to this email!
- Everything else stays the same.
CAMP - The Motocamping Club
About CAMP - The Motocamping Club
CAMP - The Motocamping Club has been fostering and bringing together the community of motocamping lovers since 2019.