This item ships from Giant Loop.
The Great Basin, Giant Loop’s largest capacity rackless saddlebag, accommodates 68 liters of gear carried where the passenger would usually sit on the motorcycle. With its 6-pound dry weight (including all components), secure mount anchor system, and super-tough Bomb Shell™ construction and materials, the Great Basin epitomizes our “Go Light. Go Fast. Go Far.” motto.
The remarkably versatile Great Basin fits virtually any motorcycle designed to carry a passenger, mounting on the passenger seat and anchoring to the passenger footpegs. Fits virtually any sport, sport-touring, scrambler, standard, naked, adventure touring, or dual-sport motorcycle. Includes a set of three RF-welded waterproof inner liner Saddlebag Dry Pods™ for fully waterproof gear storage. No side luggage racks or saddlebag stays are required.
The Great Basin Saddlebag is designed to sit on the pillion seat and anchor to the passenger footpeg mounts. It can be positioned differently on every machine and according to each rider’s preference. Each make and model may be slightly different, as will each rider’s stature and preference.
Taller riders may prefer to mount the saddlebag farther back on a tail rack. Others may prefer to move the saddlebag up to provide a backrest while riding on pavement. On some makes and models, mounting the saddlebag partially on the tail rack provides easy access to the under-seat fuel tank.
The Great Basin Saddlebag fits virtually any motorcycle designed to carry a passenger, including:
- BMWGS models, and more with passenger pegs
- DucatiMultistrada, Monster, and more
- KTMAdventure models, 690 (w/passenger pegs), and more with passenger pegs
- HondaRally Raid CB500X Adventure, Africa Twin, CRF250L, XR650L (w/passenger pegs), TransAlp, and more with passenger pegs
- SuzukiV-Strom, DR650, and more with passenger pegs
- TriumphTiger, Explorer, and more with passenger pegs
- YamahaSuper Ténéré, WR250 (w/passenger pegs), and more with passenger pegs
- KawasakiKLR 650, Versys, Ninja, and more with passenger pegs
- And, just about any other bike designed to carry a passenger and with passenger pegs
- VOLUME 68 liters (4,150 cubic inches) of packable volume.
DIMENSIONS 56″ (142 cm) from the bottom of the pannier, across the top to the bottom of the other pannier.
10″ (25 cm) height of bag in top center.
6″ (15 cm) distance from inside to outside lower saddlebag legs.
14″ (36 cm) from front to back in top center.
- DRY WEIGHT 6.0 lb. (3 kg.), with all included components.
- MATERIALS Rugged Bomb Shell™ construction and materials with reinforced ballistic impact zones, beefy water-resistant YKK zippers, and military-spec fasteners. Aluminum cam buckle compression straps. Custom-woven ballistic webbing on lower attachments.
- Included set of three RF-welded waterproof inner liner Saddlebag Dry Pods™ with air release valves keep gear dry and organized.
- Includes Hot Springs Heat Shield
Get a FREE Hammock with your order over $250. We will add it to your order after checkout.
Order Processing and Shipping
All orders are processed AND shipped from our North Carolina location within 24 hours Monday - Friday. Orders placed Friday after 1PM EST will be shipped the following business day.
Small orders ship via USPS: Delivery in 2 - 6 Business Days.
Large orders ship via UPS Ground: Delivery in 2 - 6 Business Days.